Accounting and Finance
Level of qualification: professional study programme (first cycle degree)
Official length of programme: Three-year study programme, 180 ECTS credits
Name of qualification: Bachelor of Economics
Professional Study of Accounting and Finance; field of specialisation: accounting and finance lasting for 3 years (180 ECTS credits).
This programme has been introduced due to the fact that it is directly linked to the core business of the RRIF Group, the part of which is the RRiF College. Since the establishment of the RRIF College the professional study based on accounting, finance, taxation and company law has been and will remain the core mission focused on creating professional bachelors who can start working in the business processes immediately upon completion of their professional study, and whose competencies include the current changes of the legislation in this field. The goal is that future employers do not have extra costs with our bachelors in terms of additional training, which should update their knowledge with the expert information needed to perform business processes in which they are involved with regard to their professional development.
Upon successful completion of the undergraduate professional study Accounting and Finance the student will be able:
- to analyse the effects of the economic environment on performance of enterprises, to recognize the challenges on the macro and micro levels and propose the solutions for efficient management
- to use knowledge and skills upon organisation of entrepreneurial processes
- to apply the corresponding mathematical and statistical methods and contemporary IT tools to collect, process and analyse data
- to plan and to budget costs and income of business entities aimed at their efficient performance
- to apply the corresponding legal regulations in performance of business entities
- to keep business records of enterprises independently, to draw up annual financial accounts and present business results
- to keep business records of sole traders and free professions independently and to draw up annual income tax returns
- to keep business records of non-profit organisations, budget and budget beneficiaries independently, to draw up their annual financial reports, to analyse them and to present them
- to calculate, analyse and present financial indicators and suggest the measures for their improvement
- to analyse and compare the effects of the Croatian and International Financial Reporting Standards (CFRS and IFRS with IAS), including auditing standards
- to calculate direct and indirect taxes, to organise and keep tax records and to draw up tax reports
- to implement the application of the corresponding financial instruments in performance of enterprises
- to communicate in Business English fluently, in a written and oral form, especially in the field of Accounting and Finance
- to analyse the specifics of banking and to connect the sources of enterprise financing with the policy of the banking system
- to analyse the specifics of performance of insurance companies and connect them with the interests of the economic environment
- to control the correct application of accounting processes in view of the accounting and auditing standards and legal regulations
- to compare and analyse the economic position of the enterprises in the Republic of Croatia, the European Union and the third countries
- to keep records on payment transactions in the country and abroad independently and take the measures referring to insurance of collection of payments
- to stay up-to-date with professional literature and changes of legal regulations and to adapt to the changes in the fields of accounting and finance within the framework of life-long education
The process of enrollment in the first year of the undergraduate professional study Accounting and Finance is carried out in two ways:
- a) based on the Certificate on the Passed State Matura posted on the Portal Postani student (of the Central Office for Study Applications) and
- b) entrance exam organised by the RRiF College for the following applicants:
- the applicants who have completed a vocational high school in duration of at least four years and passed the final examination,
- the applicants who have completed high school (gymnasium) in the school year of 2008/09 or earlier and passed the Matura,
- the applicants who have completed high school abroad.
The basic criteria for the enrollment in the first academic year at the RRiF College valuated are the results of the State Matura on the B lever and the final grade of all the completed high school years, i.e.:
50% of the scores refer to the grades in the obligatory subjects of the State Matura:
- Croatian language – basic level (B) – 17%
- Mathematics – basic level (B) – 17 %
- Foreign language – basic level (B) – 16%
50% of the scores refer to the average grade achieved in all the years of high school education.
The applicants who have passed the State Matura or the final examination at a high school of economics and won one of the first three places at the county, inter-county or state competitions in Accounting (according to the regulations of Worldskills Croatia) have the right to direct enrollment in the first study year.
The applicants who have completed a high school in duration of 4 years but have not passed the State Matura and have passed the final examination or the “gymnasium matura” until 2008/09 should directly apply on the website of the RRiF College and take the entrance exam which comprises the evaluation of the general grades obtained in all the years of high school, the evaluation of the grade of the final examination i.e. matura and the motivational interview.I n the procedure of entrance exam the maximum score number is 300 from which:
the highest 50% of the scores can be obtained based on the final grades obtained in all the years of high school
the highest 30% of the scores can be obtained on the basis of the grade obtained in the final examination in the vocational high school (or in “gymnasium matura”)
the highest 20% of the scores can be obtained in the motivational interview
Quota for foreign applicants: 10
The applicants who are citizens of other EU countries have equal rights of enrollment at the RRiF College as the applicants who are citizens of the Republic of Croatia. The applicants from the third countries may be enrolled at the RRiF College within the registered quota for foreign citizens Prior to taking the entrance exam, such applicants are obliged to require the nostrification of the foreign certificate of qualification at the Agency for Education i.e. the Agency for Vocational Education and Education for Adults.